[Rpm-metadata] 2 commits - createrepo/__init__.py createrepo/utils.py genpkgmetadata.py mergerepo.py modifyrepo.py

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Sep 16 06:58:03 UTC 2011

skvidal at osuosl.org wrote:

> commit dafea8c15d5feaaf50a9df4898fd34eed1b09916
> Author: Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org>
> Date:   Thu Sep 15 17:55:50 2011 -0400
>
>    add --compress-type everywhere and make it all behave.
>
>    can't default to xz yet for all md b/c of y-m-p silliness.

There was some patches* for yum-metadata-parser last year,
to handle the lzma and xz compression in addition to gzip ?
Since those aren't built-in to libxml2, it needed to use
a temporary file and uncompress before calling parsefile...

If you're accepting patches now, could try and dig it up.

* In the end, it ended up not being used since the new
files used primary_lzma etc and the gzip was kept too.
When the xz compression *was* used, the sqlite wasn't,
so it I don't think sqlitecachec ended up being patched.

But it should be relatively simple to add lzma/xz to it.

--anders