[Rpm-metadata] repository isolation

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 20 14:45:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 11:00 -0500, Jon Wallace wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are repositories isolated entities?  I'm trying to determine if there is
> any way that createrepo allows dependencies at the repository level.  In
> other words, using Repository-B would have a dependency on the existance
> of Repository-A and the content of Repository-A would be available as well.

 There has been talk of doing dependency/grouping information within yum
using repomd.xml tags, see Eg.

https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/3759

...and I believe that zypper does something similar. So you could
require a feature like that, from the package manager.

 Apart from that you could use requires/conflicts on the -release
packages, as Anders suggested ... but that doesn't guarantee much.