[Rpm-metadata] adding different compression types to createrepo

Matthew Dawkins mattydaw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 19:30:49 UTC 2010

> I thought we did. By using a different datatype this is doable in a way
> that won't break older clients. It WILL require some modification to
> existing clients to get them to handle the xz/lzma type.
>
> So using:
<data type="other_xz">
<data type="filelists_xz">
<data type="primary_xz">
seems to be acceptable???

I have talked to Anders on what it would take for smart to handle them, and
it seems like an easy enough change.

So next would be providing an acceptable patch that would be accepted
upstream?

I brought up the subject of discussing big changes to the
> format/repodata in another thread which, I'll note, I've received
> nothing by echoing silence on.

First things first.