[Rpm-metadata] adding different compression types to createrepo

Matthew Dawkins mattydaw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 18:56:13 UTC 2010

>  sqlite has been around in createrepo since Feb. 2007, database-only
> work has been ongoing since at least Mar. 2008. Generating sqlite by
> default has been there since Apr. 2009.
>  But, hey, feel free to do nothing for another few years and then
> complain.

Not true. I have the last version 0.9.8 released  28-Aug-2009 and to invoke
the sqlite files I have to use the switch "-d", but honestly that's not what
this discuss was ever about.

I'm not complaining. I'm trying to be proactive in a tool that we use at the
base of our distro and get a feature included. A feature that I know others
would re-use as well.