[Rpm-metadata] adding different compression types to createrepo

Duncan Mac-Vicar P. dmacvicar at suse.de
Wed Aug 4 10:28:18 UTC 2010

On 08/03/2010 06:02 PM, James Antill wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 11:14 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>   *shrug*, I'm not sure why we'd want to add support for lzma on the
> obsolete .xml files. Smart and apt both support .sqlite now, and if
> zypper doesn't they can always use modifyrepo to add them for SuSE.
>   Also calling them "primary_db.xz" would fit the convention with
> "groups.gz".

obsolete xml files?

This comes as a surprise for me. We don't support sqlite files because
we don't need to. solv files are faster than any sqlite database.

If rpmmd is moving to sqlite only I think it would be a good reason for
us to move away from rpmmd.

I find really ugly that sqlite is used as an standard because a
performance problem with xml specific to yum and fedora.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Novell® Making IT Work As One™