[Rpm-metadata] createrepo: huge memory consumption?

Ryan Lynch ryan.b.lynch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 15:25:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 10:54, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Ryan Lynch wrote:
>
>> BTW: I have a couple of patches, now, that I wrote while trying to
>> log, parse, and handle 'cobbler reposync' with large numbers
>> directories. One affects output formatting, to make logging and
>> parsing easier, and the other helps to handle an annoying error:
>>
>> Any interest in either of these functions?
>>

> possibly, but send them over on yum-devel list - since they aren't related
> to createrepo.

 I wasn't too clear, there, or maybe I'm misunderstanding how the codebase
is structured.  These are patches against createrepo, itself, not reposync.
(That's a whle 'nother Oprah--I have some local tweaks to that stuff, too.)

My changes affect these two files:

 * /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/createrepo/__init__.py
 * /usr/share/createrepo/genpkgmetadata.py

The way these are packaged under F10/F11, they're part of the 'createrepo'
package.  I assumed the distinction held, upstream.  Am I wrong about that?

-Ryan