[Rpm-metadata] trouble with 'createrepo'

aneeskA aneeska2k5 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 06:47:11 UTC 2008

Hi All,

    I have 10 rpms with me which I want to distribute in a CD. They are
dependent on each other. I dont want the user to list out all the rpms one
by one and install or say 'rpm -i *'. When i give one rpm to install he will
say that some thing else is not installed and exits. But yum looks at the
dependencies and installs them at one go. So if i can do a localinstall on
one rpm it will look up its dependencies (which is present n the same
directory) and install all. For that i created repo data of the rpms using
'createrepo' program. but its not working. Yum with and without the repo
data lists the dependencies and says Error:Missing Dependency and exits.

   What am I missing ?

Thanks and regards

-- anees