[Rpm-metadata] invalid filelists

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Thu May 1 17:32:25 UTC 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 16:48, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 16:45 +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > seems createrepo doesn't create valid xml files.
>
> what version of createrepo is this?
latest -- 0.9.5
was it that field ever encoded that you ask?

> > for obsoletes there was backage (with a mistake) whose had:
> > Obsoletes: XFree86-driver-trident<
> > Obsoletes: 1:7.0.0
>
> this seems like a problem in the package doesn't it?
yes package was invalid. and createrepo created invalid xml. rpm doesn't
restrict what is put to obsoletes line. and this single package in made whole
repodata invalid. this shouldn't happen!

> > the filelists bug, the package contains files whose pathnames contain
> > ampersands.
> >
> > [1] obsoletes
> > $ xmllint --noblanks --noout --dtdvalid primary.dtd primary.xml
> > primary.xml:514489: parser error : Unescaped '<' not allowed in
> > attributes values <rpm:entry
> >                  name="XFree86-driver-trident<"/>
>
> again - what version of createrepo?
same version.

> Can you make the pkg available so I can test it out?
you are not able to build such package yourself?

anyway here you are:
http://glen.alkohol.ee/pld/test-createrepo-4.69-3.i686.rpm

--
glen