[Rpm-metadata] RFE: auto processing of XML files in repodata/ ?

Piete Brooks Piete.Brooks at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 08:04:56 UTC 2008

> So if you had a way of saying createrepo -c 'take options from this
> file' that's all you actually need?

"createrepo" would be much preferable to "createrepo -c file",
but I guess the latter should be doable (I'm sure someone will forget one day
and b*gger everything up! However, I should be able to recover so long as no
clients have died horribly)

If I could then have file contain instructions to
	process file foo if it exists
where foo can be .xml or .xml.gz, and there are smarts to spot that it's been
asked to process repodata/foo.xml.gz and thus not leave it in .olddata/, that
would cover my needs. Thanks.

So I don't need to learn to write python after all ?  :-)))