[Rpm-metadata] RFE: auto processing of XML files in repodata/ ?

Piete Brooks Piete.Brooks at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 07:16:34 UTC 2008

> Then why not just script the modifyrepo lines if the process is automatic?

With the api that might be more plausible, but the main reason is to ensure
that whatever calls "createrepo" gets it right.

>> I don't see a config file, so no way to tailor it per site.
> true - a config file would be a bit odd for something as
> instance-specific as createrepo.

OK -- I admit that I manage a homogeneous set of repositories.
However, it's common to have a set of places to look for config files:
/etc, $HOME, ., the directory being processed.
This would allow automatic instance specific calls, and reduce the chance of
typos

> yah - perl wouldn't be all that helpful.

Sigh -- shall try to learn to write python :-(