[Rpm-metadata] RFE: auto processing of XML files in repodata/ ?

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 25 07:41:06 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 14:07 +0000, Piete Brooks wrote:
> Executive summary: Could createrepo be configured in some way to add any XML
> files which it finds in the old repomd.xml file and/or repodata/ directory,
> e.g. triggered by a command line flag, or finding them in the old repomd.xml
> file and/or repodata/ directory?

auto-adding the files is somewhat of a security hang up. It means if
anyone can write anything to the repodata dir then those files will
continue being propagated w/o my knowing it and potentially damaging my
clients.

> My preferences in decreasing order of preference are:
>
> 1) include any .xml[.gz] file which is mentioned in the old repomd.xml
> 2) include any .xml[.gz] file in the old repodata/
> 3) do (1) or (2) if a command line flag is passed to createrepo (-a ?)
> 4) have a built in list of files to look for and auto process
> 5) allow a list of files which should be looked for, on the command line
> 6) allow a list of files which should be processed to be passed on the cmd line

the list might be something that is doable. If you feel like sending a
patch I'd definitely take a look.

thanks,