[Rpm-metadata] createrepo/utils.py

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 16 20:45:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 13:23 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Yeah.  Forgive me for saying this, but utf8String() is a bit crazy :-)

I wrote/copied some of it about 4 years ago, but I can't remember where
it came from conceptually. It doesn't seem like something I'd have
thought of but I can't remember where it is from.

 It was mostly to deal with crazy random encodings coming out of various
packages at the time, istr there was a hangup with random versions with
garbage in changelog and other fields and this dealt with that.

lemme see if the mailing list archives show any of this off.