[Rpm-metadata] Minor patch for createrepo (to allow .deb indexing)

Javier Palacios javiplx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:12:25 UTC 2007

> >> Sounds like a good idea, but is createrepo able to really >index< .deb
> >> files; I mean getting name, version, release, description, ... from the
> >> pkgs?
> >>

> > not as-is but I guess it could be made to be.

Actually it is quite easy. The main problem is on the yum part, not in
the createrepo one.

> kk. Just wanted to now if this piece of code is somewhere/-what hidden
> where I had no look at yet :-)

I've attached the full patch for createrepo. What it is not yet ready
for human eyes is the dpkg2rpm module which is actually where the real
work is. I want to make some cleaning and  repeat a couple of
integration tests with yum prior to release the python code.

The current version is able to index at least a multiarch dvd (32/64
bits and ppc) for debian 4.0 and the ubuntu server 7.04 for i386, as
well as an FC6 dvd.