[Rpm-metadata] [patch] createrepo --update

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Mon Sep 25 18:21:46 UTC 2006

seth vidal wrote:
>>http://people.redhat.com/mikem/software/createrepo-update4.patch
>
> I looked at this before and I couldn't figure out why you wrote an
> entire other metadata parser just for it? why not just reuse the code
> from elsewhere?

Well, the parser only parses a fraction of the metadata, just enough to
figure out which nodes go to which packages and what their mtime and
size should be. By doing so I'm able to recycle the nodes and not have
to regenerate them.

Importing yum seemed like overkill at the time ... or were you referring
to some other code I should reuse?