[Rpm-metadata] Setting up2date to work with yum repository

Peter Blajev pblajev at ucsd.edu
Thu Oct 5 00:17:48 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've been successfully using yum to install packages off a local repository
created with createrepo (yum-arch is depreciated, right...?).

The problem I'm having is to configure up2date to work with the repository. I
know this list is not for up2date discussions but I hope there is someone who
has already done that and can give me a quick answer.

The command createrepo creates repodata directory with various xml files in it
but when I point up2date to the repository it looks for headers/header.info
which is what yum-arch used to create.

In /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources I added:
   yum cse http://server_name.com/repos/RHEL-AS4.0

So, now when I run up2date --showall it exit out with this error:
---
[root at peterws rhn]# up2date --showall
An error has occurred:

An HTTP error occurred:
Status Code: 404
Error Message: Not Found

See /var/log/up2date for more information
---

I'm using:
OS: RHEL AS4
up2date-4.4.69