[Rpm-metadata] CVS access problem

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Jul 22 13:32:44 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, 21. Juli 2006 22:01 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
> Am Freitag, 21. Juli 2006 19:37 schrieb Paul Nasrat:
> >
> > Yeah, I've made a whole bunch of changes before I got to it - can
> > you possibly rediff against HEAD please.
> Done, attached. Took a bit longer, since one of your changes made
> createrepo fail to locate any files in the normal case (without
> --split option at least), because you reference the wrong var
> [directory instead of dirname] in extension_visitor(). While at it, I
> made the extension test a bit more eye friendly (IMHO). You may want
> to apply this fix immediately.
> > Note I've started adding unittests, not too many right now -
> > additions welcome.  At the moment just
> Cool, my "unit test" is currently that: installing the beast and
> check, if the whole thing explodes ;-).

Hrmpf, I thought, the simple fix would be enough, but it's not that 
easy.. Your latest changes made the whole thing explode!
Biggest issue:
The href value in location tag in primary.xml.gz is an absolute
pathname now, with the net result, that subsequent yum runs cannot 
correctly locate the rpm files.

If the cachedir argument is given as an relative path, it's moved up one 
directory, compared to former behavior (0.4.5 put them on the same 
level as "repodata"). I'm not sure, I like that move - pardon - I'm 
sure, I don't like that move ;-)

Gone back to my last version, until this is sorted out..


More information about the Rpm-metadata mailing list