[Rpm-metadata] groups.xml and repoview

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Feb 14 09:59:46 UTC 2006

Hi.

I'm running a new repository for tetex packages.
I'm trying to add a group file - createrepo seems to like it, but
repoview pukes.

The group file:

http://www.tetexrpm.org/test/groups.php

(get it with wget - I'm using php to generate it because the needed info
is in a database)

I wget that page, change the name to groups.xml, and throw it in the
directory containing the rpms.

createrepo -g groups.xml /path/to/repo

seems to work fine - but then running repoview on it, repoview pukes.

Reading repository data...done
parsing primary: 193 packages, 0 ignored...done
parsing other: 193 packages, 0 ignored...done
parsing comps...Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/tetexrpm-repoview", line 830, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/tetexrpm-repoview", line 826, in main
    force=opts.force)
  File "/usr/bin/tetexrpm-repoview", line 342, in __init__
    self._getGroups()
  File "/usr/bin/tetexrpm-repoview", line 378, in _getGroups
    group.grid = _mkid(entry.id)
  File "/usr/bin/tetexrpm-repoview", line 113, in _mkid
    text = text.replace('/', '.')

(I've renamed repoview because I've patched it to not put everything in
the letter t (all packages are tetex- - see
http://www.tetexrpm.org/repo/noarch/repodata/index.html ) - but I don't
see how my tiny patch could be causing this)

Is there an issue with the groups.xml file that I'm generating?
I tried to follow the example groups.xml file at
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/metadata/samples/groups-sample.xml and I
don't think I screwed up.

Worst case scenario I guess I could try to patch repoview so that it
ignores the group file, but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Thanks for any suggestions.