[Rpm-metadata] More information about filelist.xml and other.xml

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 13:26:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 15:10 +0200, Eric Kreller wrote:
> yeah, but this information are stored in the primary.xml?

Primary.xml does not contain the full package filelist only commonly
used paths for file deps (eg /usr/bin).  Filelist.xml contains the full
filelist for each package.

> Changelog information, I don't know what is meant at all?

rpm -q --changelog rpm

> Are this information in use by the yum client?

Filelists are, changelogs are in use by one of the yum plugins.

One of the plans is to allow some sort of extensible optional metadata
to be added - eg for the security information, categorisation of groups,
group order for cd splitting.

Why don't you explain what you are trying to do and maybe we can help
you out better.

Paul