[Rpm-metadata] [Patch] Split tree handling for metadata

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Sat Nov 12 18:39:54 UTC 2005

This applies on top of my previous patches.  This probably could do with
some feedback but it works for my purposes right now.  In particular the
basedir/baseurl munging is a little ugly, but it works as demonstrated,
also I'm currently implementing policy for anaconda (repmod on disc1):

python /home/pauln/scm/duke/metadata/generate/genpkgmetadata.py --pretty
--split --baseurl media:/fedora-core-5 i386-disc?

  <data type="other">
    <location xml:base="media:/fedora-core-5#1"
href="repodata/other.xml.gz"/>
  </data>

repoquery --repoid cd1 -qa --qf '%{basepath} %{name}'  | head
media:/fedora-core-5#1 procps
media:/fedora-core-5#5 jakarta-commons-httpclient-manual
media:/fedora-core-5#3 joe
media:/fedora-core-5#3 carol
media:/fedora-core-5#1 libgpg-error
media:/fedora-core-5#3 kdevelop
media:/fedora-core-5#1 util-linux
media:/fedora-core-5#1 acpid
media:/fedora-core-5#4 gnome-libs-devel
media:/fedora-core-5#2 oro

Identifying media is left as an exercise to the reader[0]

Paul
[0] and also the writer for anaconda...