[Rpm-metadata] [Patch] createrepo --check option take two

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu May 26 04:03:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 12:07 +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Hi Seth,
>
> Here's a slightly reworked version of the --check option, it now checks
> the directory timestamp, containing the rpm, as it happened, that an
> older rpm appeared today in one of my rsyned suse update repos (due to
> some internal lags), which didn't triggered the rebuild, then..
>
> As a nice plus, the number of stats are greatly decreased, if a dir in
> the repo is not up to date (not that it matters, compared to the
> following repo rebuild...).
>
> Do you think, it's worth to include it upstream now?

quite possibly, yes.

There are some other things I'd like to see done to the format/program
as well:
1. make the checksum be an internal package checksum and/or store a
cache of package checksums and rebuild based on timestamp change (for
quicker re-indexing of a repo)

2. split out the metadata some more as described a few months ago

3. work on any ways to make the repo creation as fast as possible.