[Rpm-metadata] [Patch] createrepo --check option take two

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Jun 1 20:19:20 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2005 06:03 schrieb seth vidal:
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 12:07 +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > Hi Seth,
> >
> > Here's a slightly reworked version of the --check option, it now
> > checks the directory timestamp, containing the rpm, as it happened,
> > that an older rpm appeared today in one of my rsyned suse update
> > repos (due to some internal lags), which didn't triggered the
> > rebuild, then..
> >
> > As a nice plus, the number of stats are greatly decreased, if a dir
> > in the repo is not up to date (not that it matters, compared to the
> > following repo rebuild...).
> >
> > Do you think, it's worth to include it upstream now?
>
> quite possibly, yes.

than please commit the attached patch on top of the previous.
It fixes a problem, when the rpm files are in the current directory.
That results in os.path.dirname() returning an empty string, which
os.path.getmtime() doesn't like :-(.

> There are some other things I'd like to see done to the
> format/program as well:
> 1. make the checksum be an internal package checksum and/or store a
> cache of package checksums and rebuild based on timestamp change (for
> quicker re-indexing of a repo)

Will need to take a deeper look into things to grok this.

> 2. split out the metadata some more as described a few months ago

Do you have a pointer handy? Either I missed it, or I wasn't subscribed
then..

> 3. work on any ways to make the repo creation as fast as possible.

Sure, but this option already has a nice ROI for the pretty common case
of an unchanged repo, but you're right, speeding up the creation case
wouldn't harm also ;-).

	Pete