[Rpm-metadata] createrepo 0.4.3

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Jul 30 21:31:54 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, 14. Juli 2005 08:45 schrieb seth vidal:
> hi folks,
>  I just released createrepo 0.4.3 - it includes the cachedir option
> and I mostly included it for work regarding the fedora extras
> buildsys. However, it should help a lot of people speed up their
> metadata generation. The next big change will be 0.5.0 which should
> include an array of new items.

Hi Seth,

I unfortunately didn't got to testing this until today, and had two
issues here:
 - SuSE 9.3 is based on rpm 4.1.1 and that throws:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/createrepo/genpkgmetadata.py", line 485, in ?
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/share/createrepo/genpkgmetadata.py", line 417, in main
    doPkgMetadata(cmds, ts)
  File "/usr/share/createrepo/genpkgmetadata.py", line 266, in doPkgMetadata
    mdobj = dumpMetadata.RpmMetaData(ts, file, cmds)
  File "/usr/share/createrepo/dumpMetadata.py", line 231, in __init__
    self.pkgid = self.doChecksumCache(fo)
  File "/usr/share/createrepo/dumpMetadata.py", line 565, in doChecksumCache
    csumtag = '%s-%s' % (self.hdr['name'] , self.hdr['hdrid'])
KeyError: 'unknown header tag'

I have two possible fixes for this, the first one
(createrepo-nohdrid.diff) is simple straight forward, but some
commercial packages e.g. VMware-workstation-5.0.0-13124.i386.rpm
don't provide the SHA1 header, which leads to a unsatisfying
VMware-workstation-None checksum cache file.

createrepo-nohdrid-take2.diff tries to circumvent this behavior.
Make your choice.

The second issue is with the cachedir location. I think, it's
most convenient for users to place it relative to the repo dir.
createrepo-rel-cachedir.diff does just that, if not specified
absolute.

Let me knows, what you think about it.

Pete