[Rpm-metadata] RELAX NG

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Jan 18 08:24:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 07:31:28AM +0100, Féliciano Matias wrote:
> I make Relax NG files for metadata of createrepo :
> http://feliciano.matias.free.fr/metadata/rng/
>
> They are provide "as is".

  Looks good :-)
One interesting point would be to check name, version and releases
based on regexp, see the "pattern" constraining facet of XML Schemas
Datatypes. There is 2 difficulties theres:
   - one very hard: try to come up with working regexps for packages
     which will still drop out RPM naming abuses [1]
   - one easy: implement it in the schemas

  Getting there could actually be fruitful, allowing to drop garbage
or find as early as possible package naming problems.

Daniel

[1] rpm2html had some checking and I think it drops hundreds of packages
    from the rpmfind repositories because the NVR are just "broken"