[Rpm-metadata] Is there an easy way to get a simple dict of rpm attributes from xml metadata?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Apr 24 16:38:37 UTC 2005

> How about just checking timestamps (those in repomd.xml and repomd.xml itself,
> and making sure, that no rpm file is newer than this, otherwise just recreate
> them? Sure, wouldn't be 100% waterproof, but would fit at least my needs!
>
> Yes, this behavior should be correctly documented..

So you just want a quick way to say 'if no changes, don't re-index'. I
thought you  were asking for a quick way to really only index the
changed information, instead of re-reading all of it.

The former isn't a big deal - send me a patch and I'll probably pull it
in.

The latter will be difficult to make fast.