[Rpm-metadata] Is there an easy way to get a simple dict of rpm attributes from xml metadata?

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Apr 17 14:11:42 UTC 2005

Am Sunday 17 April 2005 00:19 schrieb seth vidal:
> > Unfortunately, only root can do that with yum 2.3.2 here, as user,
> > I get:
>
> after:
> foo.doConfigSetup()
> add:
> foo.conf.setConfigOption('cache', 1)

That did the trick, thanks.

> > Apart from this, yum does really nice here on SuSE 9.3 ;)
> >
> > No excessive memory hogging any more like in 2.0 times, and it feels
> > fast, man..
>
> good, good.

Would you accept a patch to genpkgmetadata.py for an --update option, checking
timestamps before shooting?

It still has to be done, but will be a nice job while on plane in my holiday.
Will do it anyway, but knowing it _may_ be accepted upstream is a major call
to do it well. ;)

Pete