[Rpm-metadata] createrepo 0.3.9

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Oct 2 17:19:51 UTC 2004

> > Also if there is anyone new to the list who is looking on some projects
> > to work on with regard to the metadata, ping at me, I've got some things
> > that need doing.
>
> Go for it.

There are folks who are stuck using rpm 4.0.4, python 1.5.X on rhl
7.2/7.3 or rhel 2.1 machines. It would be useful if you could either
work on making createrepo function with those systems or write another
implementation of it that would work for those systems.

The rpm 4.0.4 and python 1.5 parts won't be that hard - all the info is
there. The hard part will be the older libxml2 version - you may have to
require a newer libxml2 but it's not crazy unreasonable.

Do you think you would be interested/willing to work on that?

Thanks!