[Rpm-metadata] One more bit

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Jun 30 08:25:13 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 15:17 -0300, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I'm missing one more bit in the metadata format: "prerequires"
> information.
>
> My suggestion is to include something like:
>
> <rpm:requires>
> 	<rpm:entry ... pre="1">
> </rpm:requires>
>
> For entries which are pre-dependencies. This information is
> used, for example, in APT-RPM to correctly split transactions
> when removable media (CDROM) is in use.

I've added this as an option to the requires creation. I understand
where it might be useful, but I'm wondering if there isn't another way
to do it.

I checked the code into cvs. You can grab a snapshot from:
http://devel.linux.duke.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/generate/?cvsroot=metadata

If you could test it and make sure it's marking as pre, the things you
think should be marked as pre, I'd appreciate it.

I tested it with out about 15 different rpms and it looks like it is
correct, but...