[Rpm-metadata] package count

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Jun 6 22:43:24 UTC 2004

a while back I mentioned including a package count.

So I've done this but it's not the nicest thing in the world.

When it generates the package count it puts it at the top of the xml
like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<metadata xmlns="http://linux.duke.edu/metadata/common" packages="13">

the problem is that if there is an error on any of the packages and it
can't include it then that number is decremented by that package and is
therefore incorrect.

The only other real way is to write out the xml w/o it, take the final
package count, read the file back in and edit it.

not the nicest thing in the world.

I could of course do some ugly things with a regex to make it precise
but....

open to other suggestions.