[Rpm-metadata] removeable media tagging

Darrin Thompson darrint at progeny.com
Wed Dec 1 14:39:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 00:34 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> in number two we're making a separate file that stores this information.
> It'll be quicker to index that to sort out how to either ask for the
> media or another way to order them. And it's just a simple format to
> figure out.
>
> Thoughts either way?

Regenerating the file locally seems inelegant to me, so I'd favor number
two for that reason alone. In Debian, official metadata files are
signed, which seems like a good idea to me. Once I've downloaded a
signed file I want to keep it verifiable.

Apologies in advance if I've missed something obvious.

--
Darrin