[Rpm-metadata] quasi-idea

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Aug 22 00:07:43 UTC 2004

Hi all,
 I was just reading over old mail and backlogs of irc among other things
and I noticed something Jeff Johnson had mentioned a while back.

Specifically a comment about xml referrals. Is it possible to do a valid
referral in an xml file, like you would with an ldap tree?

I'm asking b/c it would be an interesting experience to create a
distribution 'tree' that was a set of metadata repositories tied
together by a central metadata repo that used referrals to find other
items.

It'd be interesting to see if people could assemble distributions from
mutliple repositories.

Anyone think that might be an interesting area to look into?