[Rpm-metadata] createrepo: initial comments and a UTF-8 patch

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Aug 20 17:38:12 UTC 2004


Any news about the patches below?


On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 09:25, seth vidal wrote:
> > I tested with some self-created nasty ones, as well as actual Conectiva
> > packages.  Could not find a PLD package with "bad" chars in any of the
> > fields in a quick search (but added ISO-8859-2 to the list of encodings
> > to guess anyway, thinking about PLD :)
> > 
> > Note that if the conversion is unsuccessful, it falls back to the old
> > "?" stuff.  And as said, the current code fails with stuff that is
> > already in UTF-8.  Try any recent package by yours truly...
> 
> Cool. I'll take a look at some of the packages I used to test with and
> see if they explode or not :) the most important thing is that xmllint
> --noout doesn't have problems when we're done.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> > Well, in my tests I could not find a case where libxml would not
> > automatically do the string cleanup, ie. where createrepo would produce
> > invalid XML without xmlCleanString() calls in place.  If you have a case
> > where the auto-escaping does not happen, let me know.
> 
> When I was working on it originally libxml2-python wouldn't play nicely.
> If it does now, then great, but I'm afraid of it blowing up on older
> versions. I'll see if anything gets odd on older systems.
> 
> Thanks.





More information about the Rpm-metadata mailing list