[Rpm-metadata] createrepo 0.3.2

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Apr 17 18:11:19 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,
 long time no talk. I've been working on making yum work with the
metadata format and while doing this I discovered that the import times
of the primary.xml.gz leave a lot to be desired when pretty printing is
enabled. You can get a 20-30% speed benefit by disabling the pretty
printing. With that in mind I disabled the pretty printing by default in
the createrepo script - I made a --pretty or a -p option if anyone wants
to make their metadata pretty printed but in most cases I'm betting they
won't want it.

Anyway - if anyone objects let me know - but I didn't expect this to be
much of a point of conflict.