[Rpm-metadata] package and file colors

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Sep 3 17:19:11 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 13:13, Mark Hatle wrote:
> I'm sorry to be coming in really late for this discussion.  Ignore me if
> I'm off base.. but I wanted to make sure that you were aware of some
> mips systems that can run two different elf32 types.. mips n32 and o32
> binaries (and of course mips 64).  So somehow this should be dealt with
> IMHO.

how is that different from x86_64?

The point of the metadata is not to describe what system the files will
be used on - but to describe the files.

so if you have a package foo.mips.rpm and the union of the filecolors
for that package is 2 it will still be 2 whether you're on a mips64 or
mips32 or a little of both.