[Rpm-metadata] new script, another update

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Oct 22 04:20:00 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 11:52, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 16:05, seth vidal wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >  Script here:
> > http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/metadata/rpm-md-dump.py
> >  takes a baseurl as the first arg and a list of rpms.
> >
> > output file is here:
> > http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/metadata/rpm-metadata4.xml
>
> And my Debian counterpart is now updated:
>
>   http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/rpm-metadata/metadata-4.xml
>   http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/rpm-metadata/rpm-metadata-gen

cool!

One more update to my script - byte ranges are now handled correctly.

 http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/metadata/rpm-md-dump.py
and
 http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/metadata/rpm-metadata4.xml

the ranges code is documented heavily b/c it was the only way to keep me
from going a bit insane.

if you read the header out of the rpm via a byte-range you and want to
import it in python you have to use:
rpm.readHeaderListFromFD(fdno)

then iterate over the list it hands back.

thanks,