[Rpm-metadata] xml update

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Thu Oct 16 16:41:32 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 19:30, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 23:58, seth vidal wrote:
> > Ok,
> >   I tried just doing a mock up from what I mentioned last night.
> >
> > so a file might look something like this:
> > http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/metadata/rpm-metadata3.xml
>
> I've updated my Debian-style mockup and generator script.  For
> reference, everything is at:
>
>   http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/rpm-metadata/
>
> The new metadata file is at:
>
>   http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/rpm-metadata/metadata-3.xml

Hmm. Can we please have Priority in non-deb specific place? Rpm itself
doesn't support that but apt-rpm does. The priority support in apt-rpm
is clumsy at best (/etc/apt/rpmpriorities file) currently but for the
xml one could set it much more sanely per repository. Similarly apt-rpm
*could* use Suggests and Enhances, it just currently doesn't since that
info isn't available anywhere.

	- Panu -