[Rpm-metadata] xml update

Jeff Licquia licquia at progeny.com
Thu Oct 16 16:29:05 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 23:58, seth vidal wrote:
> Ok,
>   I tried just doing a mock up from what I mentioned last night.
>
> so a file might look something like this:
> http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/metadata/rpm-metadata3.xml

I've updated my Debian-style mockup and generator script.  For
reference, everything is at:

  http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/rpm-metadata/

The new metadata file is at:

  http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/rpm-metadata/metadata-3.xml

Of interest: the format contains an <orentry> in the Debian namespace.
Let me know if that's an acceptable way to represent that.

> let me know if that fits for most folks, if so - I'll write the code for
> the rpm side and we can work on defining the file list file and the misc
> file formats.

Looks mostly OK.  A few thoughts:

 - I expect apt will basically ignore xml:base in <location>, at least
by default.

 - Before we sign off, it might be instructive to generate source
metadata files to make sure we don't need something extra.  I'll look
into that.