[Rpm-metadata] metadata script and sample

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Sat Oct 4 09:29:44 UTC 2003

* seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> [2003-10-04 03:34]:
> > > Do debian packages not list the license?
> > No.
> Any particular reason? When I used debian in the past the licensing of
> any particular package seemed to be a very important issue on the
> mailing lists. I figured licensing would figure prominently in the
> package metadata.

Debian has a a standard location for copyright information and
licenses, namely /usr/share/doc/<package>/copyright.  I don't think
compressing this inform down so it fits into a header makes any sense,
especially considering that there are many packages which are covered
by more than one license.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm at cyrius.com