[Rpm-metadata] metadata script and sample

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Oct 3 04:42:23 UTC 2003

Hi all,
 If you go to http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/metadata/

you'll see a python script and an xml file.

xml file is an example - one package with the metadata dumped out.

script is what does it:

script is run as:
./rpm-md-dump.py location-url rpm rpm rpm rpm rpm rpm rpm rpm rpm

it will dump to standard out

I know there are lots of misc bugs - not the least of which is:

1. I need to do the list of files we wanted inside this file for the
file provides
2. package color - I don't even know how to generate this right now
3. header ranges
4. there are lots of things it should do more and more interesting but I
thought y'all might like to see it and go ahead and tell me what's wrong
now.

In general this is just a 'proof of concept script' but the stuff is
clearly the basis for what the metadata would look like.

I think this is consistent w/ what we had discussed.

let me know what I screwed up.