[Rpm-metadata] parsing xml

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Nov 12 18:57:21 UTC 2003

Hey,
 I did some tests on my laptop and my desktop at work last night with
importing the xml file.

using python and libxml2 on my laptop parsing a 4MB, 1465 package xml
file of the package metadata took 13s. my laptop is a ibm thinkpad
~650mhz when speedstepped (which it almost always is). On my desktop it
took 6s. my desktop is a 1.2ghz athlon.

Humorously enough when I enable the python profiler to see where I can
trim down some time it takes nearly 2 minutes to parse the same file on
my laptop.

so I think the parsing for this data looks pretty good.