[Rpm-metadata] groups/comps dtd

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 01:26:42 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 23:55, seth vidal wrote:
> Changes:
>  - <groupreq> inside <grouplist> is dropped for adding a 'mandatory'
> 'type' attribute to the <metapkg> element.

Eh, I guess.  There used to be a better reason not to do this, but as I
told you, I can't really remember what it was :-)

>  - I have not included the <grouphierarchy> sections - not sure what the
> purpose of these sections entirely would be for repository group data.

They describe presentation, unfortunately, once you start mixing more
than one, I agree that I have no clue how they should interact.  It
would be good to have a consistent way to organize groups
hierarchically, though, as there's a lot to be gained by categorizing as
opposed to just having a flat list.

> questions:
>  - not sure what the default element is for

Whether or not a group is selected by default.  Typically only of
relevance on an initial install.

>  - should type for metapkg and groupreq be enumerated?
>  - 'uservisible' and maybe 'default' should be attributes to the <group>
> tag?

Could be, I don't really feel strongly.  The original reason they
weren't made attributes is because attributes are slightly more
cumbersome to work with, IIRC.

Cheers,

Jeremy