[Rpm-metadata] new revision of a few things

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Nov 3 06:56:23 UTC 2003

Hi,
 posted new revisions of the rpm-md-dump.py and importmetadata.py
scripts.

Changes:
 rpm-md-dump.py:
   - buildtime and file mtime included
   - joe's unicode function works more nicely but if the chars are not
     latin-1 then it doesn't play very nicely (especially stuff like (r)
     reverted to the original ord() function
   - collapsed a few repetitive things into simpler loops
   - partial changelog support for the other.xml for rpms

 importmetadata.py:
  (note - this isn't really important for the metadata generation it's
just something I need to work on for yum, at the very least, and it
might be useful for others on here so I figured I'd post it as I go
along)
   - deal with file entries and prco entries
   - dump the prco entries
   - document more of what the PackageList base class and the derived
     classes need to look like
   - tried to optimize and clean up some of the parsing.

I also posted 3 sample xml files:

base-sample.xml
filelists-sample.xml
other-sample.xml