[Rpm-metadata] ping!

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Dec 19 07:26:52 UTC 2003

Hi all,
 I'm thinking about trying to get things in a place to close it out.

Things I think we're in pretty good shape on:
   - primary metadata format
   - filelists
   - changelog/other data

Things I'd like a few more people's views on:
   - repomd.xml
   - requirements for a repository to be considered 'compliant'
   - enumerated types for checksums, pkgtypes, some other misc fields.

Things I think we've not made enough discussion of:
  - groups file - I'd like more input on requirements for this file.
Some more comments on the dtd and sample groups file would be great.
  - metadata gpg signing

What I'd like to know is what things y'all think are stopping from
releasing the format as a draft version for public review.

Here is my list:
 - dtd and short sample for each file
 - enumerated types and descriptions
 - requirement, suggested, optional list for fields and files