[Rpm-metadata] items

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Aug 8 15:10:05 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 10:50, Peter Bowen wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 00:43, seth vidal wrote:
> > rough layout of items:
> >
> > package:
> >    name
> >    epoch
> >    ver
> >    rel
> >    arch
> >    summary
> >    description
> >    relative-path-to-realrpm
>
> I think that this should also allow a full URL.

tricky - prohibits effective mirroring doesn't it?

I might be thinking in a too limited fashion. I'm thinking much like
yum-arch. You have a directory of rpms. You are attempting to present
the metadata for them. Where will you get the additional information
necessary to fill in this data and the 'reason for updating' data?

I was just trying to make a list of info that is stored in the rpm, or
where the rpm is found.