[Rpm-metadata] metadata list and discussion over tapas tonight

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Aug 5 20:17:40 UTC 2003

> Yeah, I think this is a reasonable approach if it was also kosher to
> provide the limited subset within the package metadata as well for the
> purposes of dependency resolution.  Otherwise we'll have to keep either
> the entire file list in memory or load and parse it off of disk, neither
> of which is particularly palatable.

I think keeping certain key things in the main file is workable and
suggested originally.

ie: glibc-common, php* lots of /bin things.

then the full file list still in a separate file.

I'd like to hear from the apt and redhat-config-package folks to see if
this is reasonable for them. If it is then I think we should move on it.